Wednesday, October 14, 2009

All Alone

We have had company at our house for the last six weeks. Friends. Brothers. Sister.
It was nice to have the company, but I'm glad that everyone is gone and I can get back into my regular routine. Whatever that is.
I will miss Kathy staying with us. She helped cook, cleaned my kitchen, and even did laundry. The thing I will most miss is the sibling bonding that I saw between her and Mike. Kathy always claimed Mike as her twin and not Keith. They talked, laughed, teased, and whispered, just like siblings should and I know Mike loved having his sister with him.

While I still have the house all to myself. (Mike is still in AZ with Kathy)
I am gonna eat squash for breakfast and popcorn for dinner. I am going to turn ALL the lights off when I go to bed. I will set the temperature in the house to 65 and keep a fire going. I am going to pee with the bathroom door open. I will stay in my PJ's all day. I will let the phone go to voice mail. I will NOT turned the TV on and read a book. I will play video games on my computer.

Then I will realize what a blessing family is and miss everyone.

No comments: