Sunday, October 11, 2009

Taste Testers

I felt like I was a judge on Top Chef today.
Bryan and Mary came out to spend the weekend with me. I'm pretty sure that Mike had something to do with this since he is on his way to AZ and didn't want me to be alone the first weekend he was gone.
He did call and tell me that they decide to drive through on Saturday and got to Mesa around 10:30 pm.
Anyway I had to go over to the house because we had a showing and Bryan suggested we stop for some lunch. Bryan, Mary and I stopped into Booker's in South Elgin. We ordered some food and the bucket of beers special. They had a chili cookoff goin' on and Anne, the owner, asked if we wanted to participate. We all have never done this before and so we said why not?
You had to pick the best and the "not best" out of 17 chilies. I honestly spit one out it was that bad. Mary and Bryan picked it as their worst too. How #7 that awful chili did not get worst was beyond me.
Bryan picked the winner #3 - It was the hottest by far. I liked it but I chose #5 cause I like my chili thick with a lot of beans. Mary chose #13 cause it was full of all kinds of vege's and had pulled beef in it. There was some good chili's there and it was fun.

No comments: