Sunday, June 27, 2010

Shower

Last week was a busy one for me. I was preparing for the Elgin shower for Mary and Bryan.
All week I kept checking the weather - I so wanted to have it in my beautiful backyard. The weather held up (it was a tad humid for some people) and I got to have the shower in my yard.
This shower would not have happen if not for my husband, who made the yard look better that it ever has been and for putting out all the tables and chairs, and for my twin, who took Friday off of work to help me bake. She also took over with the set up on Saturday when she could see I was clearly done in.
I held my emotions pretty much in check. I only cried twice once because of Mary (the crazy girl bought ME a gift) and once because of Sharen (she knows what I'm feeling and clearly cares about me). Not bad!


Another big thanks goes to my niece Carrie. She and Matthew showed up on Friday and pitched in with the baking. She came early on Saturday and didn't mind being told what to do, and between her and Erica they took over my camera and shot tons of pictures. (102 of them). Love you guys.

Bryan showed up to help open presents.



Mary and her mother modeling the aprons I made for her. Now get baking girl!
Bryan gets his beer glasses.



Family picture minus my sister Mary. The couple with Grandma.


Cousins and their kids. I think Matthew's wondering what Sam is doing up there.











I was relieved to get a thumbs up from Maryellen and Lloyd when I showed them the veil. I'm making Mary's veil for the wedding. Actually, Maryellen down right cried. I'm using parts of HER wedding dress for the veil. I'm so excited to get it finished and give it to Mary.

No comments: