Friday, June 18, 2010

You're Invited

I got THE invitation yesterday in the mail.
It's all true! Bryan and Mary are getting married.

I ran into a friend who was invited to the wedding and they said they got their invite and are planning on coming.

Of course we started talking about the future and I commented how lucky we were to have Mary joining our family. How easy it was to welcome her into our lives and how much we have grown to love her. Their response took me a little aback. They said "They are very lucky too - they are getting Bryan."

I've been thinking a lot about that comment and I realized how much Bryan's life is going to change. The family that he is joining, the number of people who used to call him friend and now will call him family, and the love and support he will obtain.

He has step nephews and a niece and gets 3 more.

He has a step-brother, a step-brother-in-law, 2 cousin/brothers, and now he is gaining 2 brother-in-laws.

He has 2 step-sisters, and now gets 2 sister-in-laws.

He has a father, a step-father, and now he will have a father-in-law.

He has me. He has a step-mother and now a mother-in-law.

And most important, the love and support, the caring and sharing, that only a wife can give.

There is nothing better than a family that loves you, and I'm so glad that Bryan found such a wonderful group of people to add to his family (and in a little way to our family too).

No comments: