Monday, August 9, 2010

Taking A Break

from all the wedding planning and took the trip with Mike to Shelbyville IN for his softball tourney last weekend.

On the way down 47 I spotted what I wanted for my birthday - I suggested to Mike we buy the lot next door and put one of these there. You can see these suckers for miles.


On the way home Sunday night we came through this stretch of wind mill farms about 12:30 and they were red dots on the horizon all flashing as the blades passed over the red lights on top of them. Awesome!

Mike has found a great team to play with.
First of all they stick together as a team. "Prime on 3 - 1.2.3 Prime!"


Second they tailgate and share their beers. Our beer disappeared fast.

Third they let me join them for dinner. Me at a table with 7 guys.

Fourth they invited me to join them in the dugout, out of the sun, after 6 games of scrambling to find shade and stay close enough to them. I was keeping their score book. Mike, The team jokester, (my Mike is called Milli - a coach from another team actually asked if that was his real name - I told him Yes) said that I could be their team mascot he wanted to say team B*tch so I said it for him. Got a cheer for that one! I also got big thanks and hugs for running to the concession stand to get bags of ice for them. We had a couple injuries, but the boys played on.


Mike finally got to show his stuff by pitching 5 of their 8 games they played. He only walked 2 and that was the last game and ALL were tired. He never was the losing pitcher.
There were teams there from all over the midwest. We played teams from Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky. They played 3 on Saturday and got seeded 1. They played 5 games on Sunday and their only lose was in the bumper game for the championship, in the bottom of the eighth. It was perfect weather - sunny (I got my tan for the wedding) and breezy both days.
A perfect softball weekend.

No comments: