Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Wedding Memories

I prettied him up and then I kissed him goodbye.



I didn't take any pictures - the ones I do have someone else had my camera and snapped. My twin told me to sit back and enjoy the day and she would handle capturing all the memories made. And that is just what I did. I know there were a lot of pictures taken and when I receive them all I will post them.

Memories Made
- The people who showed up. Wow, there were a bunch. Thank you all for coming.
- The family who didn't hesitate to help me with anything I needed. The hall looked great you guys.
- The temperature.
- My hair and makeup - I felt like I was on Project Runway. Thank you to Deanna and Carrie.
- My granddaughter, the flower girl, I was sooooo proud of her.
- Mary wearing my Mother's brooch in her hair.
- The happy smiles and hugs from the Murphey family for making the veils.
- The look I got from Bryan to turn around and watch Mary and not him when she was walking down the aisle. Funny - Andy, Pat, and Craig noticed it too. I hope it shows up on the video. Priceless!
- The love on Mary's face when she said her vows. I got through Bryan's OK, but she made me cry.
- Mike squeezing my hand during the ceremony.
- Andy coming down and giving me a long hug.
- My dress sticking to my backside when I stood up and thinking I should of worn a slip. (That is probably TMI, but it is a funny memory.)
- The temperature - I know I said this already, but it was HOT!
- Mary dancing with Lloyd and Michael holding his mother while they watched.
- My dance with Bryan and how he held me so tight. Bryan picked the song, years ago!
- The dance floor NEVER being empty.
- Bryan's friends who sought me out and gave me hugs.
- The last time I said "Mother of the Groom" and pointed at myself. It was to the bartender, Mike.
- The last song of the evening. I sang it to Bryan when he was little and he remembered. Goodnight Sweetheart, Goodnight!
- The friends and family who helped with the clean up - I know you were all exhausted.
- The car loaded down with presents and then realizing we had no room for our luggage and cooler. Sharen took our suitcases home and Stacy and Kory took the cooler.
- The warmth and hospitality from the Murphey family. Bryan is joining one hell of a group.

The day was just what I had hoped for for Bryan and Mary and I can't wait to talk with people who were there and hear their memories.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How much did you cry writing this? Nice write-up!

c_reuter said...

Don't ask Michelle for any memories. After talking with her the next day I realized she didn't have any.