Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fire Starter

If you want to know how to start a fire just ask a boy scout.

The grand kids had a day off from school and came over to play. It was a beautiful fall day.
At lunch I said that I wanted to get that pile of sticks in the firepit burned. Dylan, our boy scout, offered to help. "I can start your fire really fast, Grandma and I won't need any gasoline." He says with a big ass grin.

I told him to go for it - all the while thinking yeah, sure!

I'll be damned if that little shit got that fire started in NO time.

They got out the cart and pulled it around the yard filling it with leaves to throw on the fire. No, we are not allowed to burn leaves, but I wasn't going to spoil their fun.
Mike ended up pulling the kids around - someone had to be in the cart holding the leaves down. ;0)


Dylan's secret he learned at boy scouts. Dryer Lint!
He stuffed it in the sticks and lit it and it started right up. Genius.

1 comment:

c_reuter said...

I tried the dryer lint today when I lit a fire and it worked perfectly. Does he have any other tips?