Monday, November 22, 2010

Giving Thanks

Thanks to all my family members that came to MY thanksgiving celebration. Our friend Steve was in town from NY for the weekend and (after countless hints, suggestions, and down right begging from Steve) I decided to have the family over for a Thanksgiving feast on Sunday.

Thank You to Mary and Bryan for coming out Saturday and helping, seriously, with anything I told them to do.
Here they are, along with Brian and Dylan, (who showed up for a crock pot dinner Saturday night) making the centerpieces for the tables. Dylan also had a part in helping with making the stuffing.


The flowers are fake, but the vases are real pumpkins.



The tables all set in the garage.


Thanks again to Mary for being such a good sport. I peeked into the bag that Mary had with her fixing for her broccoli casserole and teased her that I was sure she didn't have enough. This was her first time contributing to a Kolberg family dinner and she didn't want to be the one who didn't make enough. (Right, Michelle).
The family likes to eat and eat and eat.
I backed off when she was determined to run to the store to get more. There was plenty and everyone got to try it and a few asked for the recipe.

Thanks to all the female members of the family who did not disappoint in making some mighty fine grub. Imagine my dining room table loaded down with food right here, because I never took another picture after the table settings - Too busy with the movie camera.

Thanks to Erica. When I invited her I told her to make something that HER family usually served and would tell us something about her. Sharen said "You know that she's Italian and will probably make something pasta. Right!"
Really, do I look stupid - of course, I know that. She couldn't come, but she did send some mighty delicious lasagna with Jon.

Thanks to Sharen and Cheryl for letting me use their electric roaster. It is the best way to cook turkeys and frees up the oven for important stuff like vege casserole and Nebraska corn. Close your eyes and see 2 beautiful turkeys with extra crispy skin.

Thanks for the weather. The kids had a ball running around outside playing nerf gun tag.

A huge thanks to my husband. He gets me. He loves my family and wanted everybody there just as much as I did.

2 comments:

lindak said...

thanks Karen it was great! probably the last one for mom and it was well worth the next week.
Linda

Mich said...

Looks like I am off the hook for making broccoli casserole! I guess I should have warned her to buy all the broccoli in the store - sorry Mary!