Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Makeover

While Mike is away (in FL) playing in a softball tourney, I decided that our living room needs a makeover.
Mike was none to pleased. Last time he left and I painted the living room I ended up in the hospital. I took a step off the ladder and fell. Clumsy me thought I was on the last step and I had 2 steps to go. I reassured him I had learned my lesson and would be very careful.

I was tired of the wall color - I was tired of the blue carpet - I was needing a project so - I did it.

After countless trips to the Menards, Home Depot and Lowes and getting numerous mini paint swatches (I love those little cans), I settled on a color.


Gone is the "purple Haze" in comes the "Sandtrap". I really ended up picking this color because of the name. It's a little neutral for me, but I think I can brighten up the space with other things.

I rolled up the light blue carpet, wash and waxed the beautiful hard wood floors and replaced it with this area rug. Big thanks to Mary and Bryan for helping take the old carpet to the garage. Man that sucker was heavy.


Mike is due home sometime this evening and I am sure he will love what I did.

No comments: