Monday, May 30, 2011

Cafe Ba Ba Reeba

Mike and I went into the city to celebrate Mary's birthday.

On the way in we stopped at a red light and there was a bar on the corner that said Tapas and bar. We both commented on what it might be. We had no idea what it meant until we got to Cafe Baba Reeba. It too said Tapas bar. Tapas bars are place that serve Spanish appetizers - no entries' and everybody gets a taste of all the foods. Interesting!

I wanted to go there cause one, I love Mexican food and two, I knew it was one of Ozzie's favorite restaurants.

Bryan brings out his phone and starts typing. I'm like really - you can't leave that thing off for a couple of hours - at least until we finish with dinner. Come to think of it I noticed, as we walked in, there was a bunch of  people checking their phone. Turns out their is a website Foursquare (I thought that was a bar around the corner from his old apartment- silly me, that is Four Shadows) that if you log in where you are, you can score free stuff. Bryan shows his phone to our waiter and wellllla we get a free appetizer platter. OK, all forgiven.

The food was really good and I liked that you can fill up on different things and you're not committed to one big dinner. You don't feel so guilty taking a tiny bite of 4 desserts instead of chowing down on one big one.

The peach sangria was awesome too.

1 comment:

Mich said...

I love the peach sangria there! And tapas are such a great way to go. I love being able to try so many different things!