Sunday, June 26, 2011

She Had NO Clue

Saturday was the 3rd annual T.A.N. (Take Action Now) Golf outing.
It was also my friend Deanna's birthday. The weather was perfect and Sharen and I were ready to enjoy a round of scramble golf. We both decided that golf is more fun when you scramble.

I had an idea to surprise Deanna, but I needed the help of the foursome in front of us. So I called my friend, Gina, who was running this thing and told her what I had planned and she hooked me up.

Four girls that we bowl with teed off in front of us - armed with a gag gift for Deanna for each hole. All they had to do was leave it on the green when they left.

Here she is after 4 holes wearing her "Birthday Girl" pin, her "sparkly Tiara" and her Happy Birthday necklace. The balloon from the first hole is attached to her bag.
I had them sprinkle confetti in each cup that said Happy Birthday. (I know Jon, Not too good for the groundskeeper, but it was really fun for us)
I had each gift in a brown paper bag so nobody knew what was in them except me. Every time we caught up with them they would ask her "What was in that bag?" and she would laugh and show them.

I thought she would catch on after the licorice (hole 6) or the ding dongs (hole 8), but she still thought it was them. Sharen even asked her - "What's up with the ding dongs and how do they know?" Her reply was that "Oh - I probably told them the story" No, I am not going to tell the licorice/ding dong story.

Really NO CLUE!!!

It wasn't until we were in the parking lot putting away our clubs, she went up to Kimberly and Adrianne to thank them, that she found out it was me behind the surprises.

Here I am with the Birthday girl after golf.

She texted me this morning to Thank me for a birthday she would never forget. I was just happy that she is a good sport and forgave me and we are still friends.

No comments: