Monday, November 21, 2011

Designer Diapers

When Mary was pregnant with Roger she talked about using cloth diapers.
Really aaaa OK...
My mind went to old school diapers with pins and rubber pants. I had no idea the length that "cloth" diapers have come. To be PC they are called "reusable" diapers now.

I didn't think anything of it until I was in Joanne a few weeks back looking for some lace to finish another apron and I saw a new section for homemade diapers. My eyes lite up and I texted Mary right away and asked her if she was still leaning toward cloth diapers. I really wanted to try and make some.

She got right back to me and told me she was still very interested in trying them. There is so many different kinds to choose from so I bought the book to strategies with Mary about what would work for her and Roger.
We both agreed on the ones with pockets to stuff with a thick liner. Easy for me to make and easy clean up for her and Bryan.

 I bought enough material and the tools to make 3 diapers.
He got a light blue one with flannel left over from his Mommy's flannel pants - He got a green one with jungle flannel left over from Matthews baby quilt and the third was a dark blue with snowmen flannel left over from my winter quilt.
Turns out they worked pretty good, so I offered to make some more.

Mary and Roger were coming out Saturday morning to go with me to get some more material. There is 4 or 5 different types of material to use for liners that we wanted to try to see what works best for Roger.

I wanted to do my homework before they came so I grab my list, my diaper book, note pad, calculator, measuring tape and of course, Sharen, (she had the day off) and spent a few hours wandering around Joannes on Friday morn. scoping out the cost and amounts we needed.

On Saturday Roger got to see Grandma's favorite store. It was probably my quickest trip for the amount that we bought, but  my grandson will be styling in his new designer diapers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I used cloth diapers but then again that was 30 years ago. ouch. They came out great!! Sharen