Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Kindle

I am not very savy with technology.

My phone just takes and makes phone calls and texts. That's all.
I had to have someone come over and help when our new computer wouldn't work and repeated phone calls to support didn't get it done. Bryan is my go to guy when my computer makes me crazy and I call him often.
We just had to replace our modem on our computer and I took a picture of where the wires go so I could get the new ones in the right place. All that being said a kindle is not something I would ever think to have.
Even though....

I love to read. I love newspapers, magazines, and books. I like to hold them in my hands and turn the pages. I don't read online.
 Bryan has been after me for a few years to try a kindle. He wanted to get me one for Christmas, but I politely decline.

My buddy Steve knows my love for reading too, and when he came for his visit he came bearing gifts for both me and Mike. Kindles!

Damn - now I have to give this thing a chance.
Mike took to it and bought a book online- a new snazzy cover with a lite, and now stretches out on the sofa with his kindle.

Me - I did download a cookbook and a health book to read, but I still  can't see buying a new book when you can get them from the library free.

Our library now has books for people to download to their kindles. Great - now how do I do that?

Saturday when I was at Erica's shower Mike attended a class at the library on how to get the latest books on your kindle. Really simple! He now gets all the new bestsellers right to his kindle. Someday when I open my closed mind he is going to show me how to get it done.
Someday when I finished this paperback.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Bill has had his Nook for a couple of years now and if he can master it, you can. I can't tell you the time and weight in suitcases it has saved us on trips. What a wonderful invention.

Vicki