Monday, December 26, 2011

My favorite Things

Mary's bag of baked cookies and brittle. Yes, I love to bake, but it means so much to me that someone wants to do it for me.

Same for Stacy's "Bronco" orange and blue scarf she made me. This is the first thing (beside the hats and scarfs that Sharen has made me) that someones made me something.

The quite morning hours spent cuddling with Roger. He woke up in a strange bed, in a strange house, early Saturday morning, but quickly fell back asleep on my chest in the recliner. Snuggles for 2 hours! A time that I will never get again and a memory I will never forget.

Having Mary in my kitchen. I gave her the recipe and she just did it. I didn't even mind that she had to go looking in my cupboards for the ingredients.

Brunch at Carrie's.

Matthew's scream for "Uncle Jon - Uncle Jon" and runs around in a circle and then just throws himself in Jon's lap. He landed in Erica's a few times too.

A family that loves to play games. Next time Bryan and Mary are NOT on the same team.

A husband that cleans my kitchen and puts away the dishes, every time I cook.

A grandson, despite battling a sore throat, ate 2 helpings of my mostacolli and thanking me for it.

Hanging in the kitchen with Mary and Stacy drinking wine out of my Mother-in-laws green crystal wine glasses.

That Bryan and I still think alike. We both bought Mary the same thing for Christmas. This morning Sharen and I lugged the freezer back to the store. His was getting delivered.

A step son that likes to monster wrap presents. My cookies sheets took me 15 minutes to open.

Adults playing the kids game.


The phone call from Sharen who was crying because she was listening to the present I gave her.

The phone call I made to Sharen this morning laughing, because I used the present that she gave us.


A grand daughter that actually wore one of the matching outfits I made her and her doll.


And the best part spending holiday time with all the grandkids.

No comments: