Friday, December 9, 2011

Will He remember?

Bryan has a new family now. A wife,  a baby, a new home, and finally a place to put up a Christmas tree.
It's time for him to come and get his Christmas ornaments.

I love ornaments!! I love to just sit and look at the tree all decorated. I had some sadness and some laughter while decorating MY tree this year, because I took all of Bryan's ornaments and put them into a shoe box for Mary to take home with her this weekend.

I hope that he looks at these ornaments and shares with Mary and Roger all the stories behind them.
Will he remember?
His Aunt Marcia also had a love for Christmas and bought Bryan his first ornament.


The book his Grandma Flory bought him - we had to read that little thing every Christmas Eve right after "Twas the Night Before Christmas"

The MANY ornaments I made.
The rocking horses I made for his entire 4th grade class.

The Mickey, Minne and Donald I made after our trip to Disney world.

The cross stitch "Cheesecake" the year he got his first dog. The ones from "Operation Jingle Bells" (drive to help the needy at Christmas) from the year he worked at the CN with me. The bears super bowl, the bulls championship and the White sox world series.

The "Scooby Do" to go with the rug his Aunt Linda made him.

The list and stories go on and on. I tried to put the year on each ornament so he had a reference when things happened.

Will He Remember?

1 comment:

Zierk Fam said...

I still think about you when I put my ornaments on my tree. I know the story behind each one, and this year I shared them with Matthew. He likes the one with you talking. My favorite is still the teddy bear you painted ('88). Trust me, he will remember!