Monday, August 6, 2012

Duppler Golf

We all had such a great time last year. that we thought we should do it again. Jon and Erica couldn't make it so Dup recruited his brother Andy and his son, Ivan to join us.

He thought that a 4 man scramble would be better than a 2 man like last year.
So here are the teams he figured out. No one golfed with who they came with.
Team 1 - (only because we won the tee toss)

 Me, Dup, Andy, Carrie
Team 2
Ivan, Sharen, Mike, Dave


The weather was perfect and Dup picked a good course - Pincrest in Huntley. They have red forward tees far enough that the girls felt hopeful on using one of our drives. (ok maybe I was the only female worried on that one). My problem was that every time I thought that we might, maybe, cross your fingers, we are using one of  my drives,  Carrie out drove me.
Oh well!

Carrie, my cart partner, enjoying a beer.

19th hole - Comparing the score cards and getting bite to eat


Team 2 beat team 1 by 3 strokes finishing with a 1 under. Yeah that made our score 2 over, But we did get a birdie. Which Carrie wanted very badly. She was our go to putter.

I hadn't golfed with Andy in a long time and it was fun connecting with him again. He can get me laughing so hard.
Dup says to Andy "Are you going to mark your ball?"
Andy "I don't have a ball mark."
Dup "don't you have any money?"
Andy throws down his wallet.
Fun, Fun, Time!!!!

Sharen and I  have been using the "tee toss" on the first tee since we have been playing golf (30 years) to see who goes first. We stand facing each other throw a tee up in the air and if it points at you or to your right you are up.







No comments: