Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tree Down

We have a lot of trees in our neighborhood. Some that are either dead or dying. We have one dead in the backyard and Sharen has one in her front. I see them as firewood in the fall. I keep telling myself to call the tree surgeon and get an estimate to get it down before it falls down.

When we walk by them I get a feeling that one of these trees is going to fall. It is a feeling that haunts me when I mow the lawn and every time it storms and the winds blow. I have planned in my mind just what I am to do IF it happens to fall and I am around. ( I know just make the call and get it down)

Mike and I are sitting in our family room, I am reading the paper and he is reading his latest author. We hear a crack - me I jump up and go to stand in the doorway just in case it's our tree and it falls on the house. Because you know I have been thinking about just that for a few months now.

Another crack - I am freaking out and Mike he just sits there. He looks out the window and announces "It's not ours!"

It was a tree on the back property behind our house that fell and took out 2 more trees. No wind, no storm, as you can see a beautiful summer day.


I have had enough and called the tree guy for an estimate to get our tree down before it falls down..

1 comment:

c_reuter said...

So, how much did they charge to take the tree down? I have a dead one in my backyard too.