Friday, August 17, 2012

Matter of Time

My TV is 14 years old.
It is big and square and heavy.
It is NOT HD or any thing fancy.
But it fits real nice in my TV cabinet where I can close the doors and it is not the focal point of the family room when it is not on, so I didn't mind watching it at all.

Last week when the bears were on it was difficult to see the players clearly and it got very fuzzy when I was watching the PGA golf last weekend.

I told Mike that maybe it was time to get me a new TV.
After he picked his chin up off the floor he headed out to shop.
My only criteria was that it HAD to fit in my cabinet. 35 inches wide.

He came back with a list of prices and sizes of different brands from 6 different locations.

We settled on a 39" Westinghouse.
It has 3/4 of an inch border around it so it is ALL picture and it fits perfect in my cabinet.
So it's out with the old.

 and in with the new.

I must admit I am enjoying the clear HD picture. But I am totally bummed about losing all my recordings on my old DVR.

No comments: