Sunday, February 17, 2013

Anniversary

Valentine's Day was our 27th Anniversary.

Mike would always send me flowers to my work. One red carnation for every year we have been married. I loved to get them. I could look at them and smell them and they would brighten my day. Getting them at the house just isn't the same so he stopped sending them and I was ok with it.

This year he asked me if I wanted to do anything special. Last year we were in Mexico for Jon and Erica's wedding and had dinner at an ocean side table. How do ya top that?

I told him that he could take me to a Hawks game. The last time I went was in the old stadium. He was all for it so I jumped on Stubhub got some over priced tickets in the first row on the 300 level and we saw the HAWKS WIN!!!!! The start wasn't as spectacular as the bulls starting lineups, but WOW that national anthem was something else. WOW!
 I also thought it was pretty special whenever they showed people from the military on the big screen. The whole place would erupt with noise and most everybody would stand. Way Cool.

He did come in the front door with a dozen red carnations - for Valentines Day!



No comments: