Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Welcome Spring

It's true tomorrow is the first day of spring. The calendar says so.
No the weather is not the same as last year. Not even close.
It's cold and there is still snow on the ground.
But we know spring is coming, it does every year!!

And today I saw a sure sign it is right around the corner.
ROBINS!
Every year Sharen, Mom and I would play a game of who could spot the first robin. We would call each other when we spot our first robin for the spring.
I really didn't think about it until today.
I wanted to call Mom so bad today. She would of loved what I saw out our front window.
There were 17 (I counted) robins under our crab tree. Big fat ROBINS...
I am sure they were filling up on the dried crab apples laying under the tree seeing that the ground is still frozen and there are no grubs or worms to get at.

Hey Mom - I saw robins today!

No comments: