Saturday, October 12, 2013

Buy It or Build It

We got home from vacation and I went to turn the furnace on to get the chill out of the house and no go. The furnace was not working, so I made a fire.

The next morning I called the furnace guy and he came out and found a dead chipmunk wrapped around the fan blade. Ouch!
Chipmunks have taken over our yard this year. Under both the front and back decks and numerous holes around the house. Annoying and loud! A few strategically placed (can't have the stray cats finding them) poison traps and most have gone away. Good Riddance! One must have found the furnace flew and climbed in. Sorry - now he gone...

I think it's almost time for making fires. Yay!!! Time to get my stack of firewood back on the deck.
One problem - I burned my old holder that Mike had made me. I needed a new one.

He is at Menards scoping things out and I get a text with a picture of a metal rack.
Do you want me to buy this or do you want me to build you one?

Wow - I'm thinking just like the HGTV show, Love it or List it! I love that show, but I do find myself yelling at them to just do the basic - I don't need you to buy me a $1900 bed spread, $200 towels or $80 pillows. I can decorate it myself. Thank You!



So are we going to Buy It or Build It?
Buy it - metal, right size?, holds up longer than wood. MONEY!

Build it - Mike likes building stuff, it would fit perfectly on the deck. CHEAPER!

I did not even hesitate with my answer.

BUY IT!!
 


Surprised a few people with that answer I am sure.
Now I am ready for the chilly nights.

No comments: