Friday, October 4, 2013

Foliage Tour

Mike and I were both looking forward to the trip up through Maine and into the White Mountains in NH.
Mike has been studying maps and planning this portion of our trip for weeks. No expressways for us.

You get to a point when you run out of adequate words to describe the colors up here. They all fit.
 It's beautiful from every angle. The sun came in and out all day so my picture do not do it justice, but I managed to get a few keepers.
 
Echo Lake.
 
On Cathedral ledge.
While we were there a girl showed up with her climbing gear. Pounded a spike in the rock and climbed over the edge. Are you crazy?! I was glad there was a fence there.



We stopped a few times for picture ops. Mike digging out his knee brace for a hike down this trail.

 Mike caught me resting on a rock.
We stopped for the night in Vermont.

No comments: