Friday, October 4, 2013

Vacation Fun

We have been having fun, fun, fun on our vacation.
We started working with Steve on his house. Mike and I both enjoy home improvements!
Mike taking down the dated track lighting and replacing it with cool pendant lights.
 Steve and I took on the back splash. That was after we painted the new color.
 I measured. Steve cut using the wet saw. I put the tiles in place. Great Team Work!
 Steve waited patiently for my cutting instructions. Did you all notice the matching t-shirts. Team Elgin Masters! (leftovers from Mike's Monday night team) I am now planning on putting some tiles up in MY kitchen.
Wednesday we took Steve's train into the big city. I get why he enjoys his commute now. A 10 minute ride to the station and a hour train ride, a quick transfer in NJ, we were 3 blocks from his place of work with no traffic or parking hassles. Smooth.
The city is still crowded with rude people, loud, and very smelly but all that was forgotten because...
 Steve treated us to this Musical. I laughed. I cried. I screamed out. When it was over I jumped up and cheered. It was THAT good. Tickets in the 5th row. He sure knows how to spoil us. LOVED IT!! No wonder it won so many Tony's.

No comments: