Saturday, June 28, 2014

Hey Steve, have you tried Cake Pops


Our friend, Steve in NY, likes to bake almost as much as I do.
He makes a cake on weekends to take to work on Monday.
He will put pictures of his creations on facebook and I will sometimes get on to see what delicious recipe he has tried.

I am not a fan of cake, but Sharen tells me her mouth waters just looking at his creations.

For Erica's shower I offered to make the cupcakes. I have found my love for cake decorating again.
Footballs, Baseballs, and Golf Balls - (She is having a boy)
Sharen thought it would be fun to try and make "Cake Pops"
I was all for it too.
I baked some extra cake and made my buttercream frosting.
We watched a video on youtube and started. First step was to make the pops and refrigerate them overnight.

Erica and Carrie joined in the cake pops making, but it fast became clear that they did not have the patience for cake pop dipping. Carrie's first attempt fell apart and it took Erica 3 before hers started to break apart. Sharen put them on decorations in the dining room instead. In all fairness to them - It was the last day of work and they had just both come from school stressed out.
Slow and steady - Sharen and I made football, baseball and golf ball cake pops (remember she is having a boy)
The finish product. We tried to get them to stand up in a cup, but we clearly had made them too big and were a bit top heavy. Not bad for a first attempt though.
 
 
So, to my friend Steve - Try this - I promise you will love them.
I know you can get ahead of yourself sometimes, but be patient and you can do this. Your co-workers will love them.
 
 


No comments: