Friday, December 12, 2014

Fruit Cake

I love fruit cake.
My Mother loved fruit cake. We were the only 2 people I know of that do.
Every year, for almost 25 yrs, my husband would order 2 cakes at the neighborhood bakery and give them to us for Christmas.

My friend Steve - Who's having a milestone birthday today and yes I could write some funny and heart warming things about him, but he know I much I love him and this is about the fruit cake he made me.
Happy Birthday, Steve!

Steve makes cakes. https://www.facebook.com/cakemondaysnyc Every weekend he is baking a cake and every Monday he is schlepping said cake to work for his co workers.
I joked to him that the only cake I like is fruit cake. So He made me one!  It came in the mail yesterday.

Now folks, Steve just didn't make me a canned green and red cherries, walnut fruit cake. He made me the Cadillac of fruit cakes.
This baby has cranberries, blueberries, Mango, pineapple, strawberries, nuts and I don't know what else. Oh Yeah and lots of brandy. It weighs about 10lbs. I don't even want to think about the weight gain that I will have to contend with after eating this thing.

Minus my tasting piece
 This is what's left for me to enjoy this Christmas season. I cut it into pieces and froze it so I can enjoy it all year. I gave Sharen a small taste and she liked it! Really liked it!

So Thanks Steve, I know what you put into this. The time and money and worry will not go to waste. I am going to savor and enjoy it all year. This thing is delicious.

I am going to cut 2 pieces and head on over to visit Mom and tell her how much I miss her and think about her while I eat a piece. I'm gonna leave a small taste for her too. Maybe a cardinal will find it.



No comments: