Thursday, December 4, 2014

Double Header

This day had been circled on our calendar in red ever since the schedules came out.
Logan had a home game at the middle school and Dylan (who is playing his first year of basketball) at the high school. One right after the other.

We both were excited to get to see 2 games in 1 trip to Genoa. Something came up for Mike so I was going solo.
At Logan's games they know me by now and I just walk right in. Grandparents are free!



He is turning into a rebound machine, even thought as you can see the guy he is guarding is taller. He can box out with the best of them. They won 43-29, I think.

When I get to Dylan's game it said Seniors - 65 and older free.

I pretend that I didn't see the sign and asked her if Grandparents were free, like at the middle school. She stuttered and says yes. So I walked right in. Don't get me wrong if she had said no, I would of gladly pd. the $4. Doesn't hurt to ask.

I sit down and then it occurred to me "65" I don't look 65! Does she think I am 65? Next game I am paying.

I tell you it made my heart happy to watch Dylan play. He is on a team with many of his close friends and they looked like they were having fun. He didn't score any points, but be played some great defense and took down some rebounds.
Warm ups.

It surprised me to see the huge difference in height on both freshman teams. Dylan most definitely had the advantage there.
Dylan playing some defense.

His team got whopped.
Still fun to watch for this grandmother.

No comments: