Sunday, January 4, 2015

Little Helper

The Holidays have come and gone. I took no pictures. I decided to just enjoy watching the older grand kids play their new board game and the little ones jump over and over again on their new bean bag chairs, while I cuddled with the baby. I may regret this decision later but...
I must say that I am fine with it now.

For you out of area readers - It's true we had NO snow in December. NONE! The weather man said that's it's been over 100 years since that has happened. The sun was a little absent too, but the temperature climbed into the 50's because of it.
Mike even managed to get a couple rounds of golf in and I actually did some yard work.

While I write this post it is snowing outside and the trees look beautiful.

********************************************
Now on to the little helper.
I told Bryan (more than once) that I like to paint and I would gladly help him with the painting of the upstairs when the time came.
Well the time is here. Finally YAY!!!!

We (me, Mike, Bryan and his Father) got the upstairs painted in one day. 3 bedrooms (2 with dormers), 2 bathrooms and 1 walk in closet. It went super fast because there was no trim to paint around, Just cutting in around the ceilings!
AND we had a super little helper.
Roger and Luke wanted a green bedroom and of course Roger had to help paint his own room.
Luke stayed downstairs with his Mommy and Owen, and a Cat in the Hat movie, while Roger helped me paint his bedroom. I love the little dormer area. Roger tells me, him and Luke are going to "Use it as a hide out."

He shocked me. He actually did really good as you can see. He had a hard time with getting paint onto the roller and asked for help with that part. He rolled the bottom and Mike rolled the top half while I climbed up and down the ladder cutting in the ceiling.

After lunch, Roger would only lay down for a nap if we left him some of Mommy and Daddy's room to paint when he woke up. 1 hour later the "Little Helper" is back at it painting their walk in closet.


He tried the brush, but figured out he can cover more ground with the roller. He didn't stop till the job was done.
And it was a "Job well Done"!

No comments: