Monday, November 30, 2015

White Christmas

Every morning I read the paper and then hand it over to Mike to read.

"Hey, Did you see...?" and before he finished his sentence I say "No, I don't want to see it."
See, I DID see the ad for White Christmas the play, and I have no desire to see anyone but Bing Crosby in that porduction. Period.

A few days later he asked me if I wanted to see "White Christmas" on the big screen, Are you kidding me? A big fat YES! I've never seen it on a big screen.

Marcus Theaters is showing holiday movies now until Christmas and "White Christmas" was the first one showing.
I was pretty sure that my niece, Carrie hasn't seen it on a big screen either so I called her right away and asked her if she would like to join us. She is a huge fan of the movie too. Every year we keep each other informed on when it's on TV - even though we both have the movie on DVD.
She jumped at the chance.

Big smiles
I watch this movie about 5 times a year and I know I have seen it 100's of times, but this was by far the best one. Bing Crosby on the big screen  - Wow.

You really notice the little things on a big screen. Like the lipstick and makeup that Bing Crosby had on. Pink Lipstick. Oh and his blue eyes Yowser.

The "Positively No Smoking" sign next to the smoking sign that says "Keep all ashes and cigarette butts off the floor". And still everyone is smoking. Ashtrays everywhere, on every table and on kitchen counters, dressing room tables.

The bright red nail polish worn by all the ladies and the red wigs the dancers were wearing. I asked Carrie if the wigs were plastic. They sure looked it.

You wouldn't even be able to see it on a little screen, but the TV that the Ed Harrison show was on was a DuMout.

It was magical and even though I tell myself over and over "You are not going to cry - You are not going to cry" when the general walks down the stairs and into the theater in his uniform - I cried. It gets me every time.
Good thing I brought extra Kleenex with me. Carrie had the sniffles then too.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.


No comments: