Monday, May 9, 2016

My Mother's Day

Technically I am a Mother, Step-Mother, Mother-in-law, Grandma and Step-Grandma. I really don't care how they all came into my life I am just so happy and blessed that they are part of me.

Bryan calls me Ma and Mary calls me Karen so Luke asked me if he could call me Ma - I said no, because I am not his Mother. Then how about Karen?  I just laughed and told him if  a hug comes with it he can call me anything, but Meemaw will work just fine.

I had a whole weekend of visits, but one is going to stand out the most.
Bryan and Mary and the boys are over for playing and pizzas. Brian calls so I invite him over too. When a car pulls into the driveway and our 16 yr old Grandson, Dylan, unfolds himself out of the drivers seat, Mike and I look at each other and smile. Did that just happen? He had his Father's car and didn't have plans till later.
He's all by himself - no Mother, no Siblings, just him and he came to see me. The smile on my face was big, but the lump in my throat was huge.


We walked in the woods to hunt for sticks for the fire. They found so many we stacked them in a pile to be picked up later. We had a pond and a waterfall to see. (The water fall is a small one in the creek, but in their defense water is "falling" over the rocks making a noise)

Roger, Luke and Owen went one way.

Brian, Mike and Dylan the other

Owen HAD to drag this one all the way back
Stopping for a family picture with sticks

Mike and the boys (big and small) build a fire for roasting Marshmallows.
Brian and Bryan showing Roger the art of roasting 
Owen's first time 
We kept the fire small and not too hot, but marshmallow were burnt and some even fell off. That's all part of the process.
There were some that did make into the crackers though. Proof is in the pictures.



This was Owens first taste of a smore

Yummy!!!
They even would pose for a picture with me. Feeling the love.
Me and the younger group
I can say my Saturday Mother's Day celebration was perfect.

And on Sunday the older set of grandkids came over bearing flowers. 
OMG, I forgot how teenagers can cause so much chaos and I loved every minute of it.


Being their Grandma is the greatest gift and I can say my Sunday Mother's Day was perfect too.

No comments: