Sunday, May 29, 2016

Trivia at Dooleys

We got an invite from our daughter to try our hand at some trivia up at Craig's place. Dooleys!

She celebrated her birthday there last week and won $10 playing trivia, so she thought it would be fun for us all to go back and play.
I thought we had a pretty good chance seeing we had people on our team ages 63-14.

Mike, Brian, Stacy, Logan and Dylan
Our team was called "Bullshit corner" because that is the sign hanging in the booth we were sitting in.
We sailed through the first 2 rounds (4 questions in each round) getting all the questions right. Did I know the answers to them all - Hell No, That's what being a team is all about. I did know that Redd Fox was older that Joan Rivers and that there is a sailboat on the "old Spice" bottle. But the Bram Stoker answer came from Stacy and the Devo answer came from Brian.

Third round we missed 2. Some alien movie thing and what year did the Bears draft Matt Forte? We missed it by a year. We had 90 points after 3 rounds. Felling pretty good!
Round 4 the questions got tougher. 20 points each.
Who shot Jesse James in the back? NO ONE knows that.
What yellow spot on Monopoly does not have an avenue in it's name. Brian says "Marvin Gardens". I had no idea.
At this point I am happy just to be the Secretary and write down our answers.
Then to my surprise I knew a movie question!!! ME - a movie question.
Who was in the movies American Beauty, The kids will be all right.  and American President?
American President is in my top 5 favorite movies of all time so I shout out all the people in the movie. Annette Benning. Piece of Cake.

Last question - a sports question.

What position did Harry Potter play? How in the hell is that a sports question?
Everybody knew but me. Seeker, really?
So we finish with 150 points - IN FIRST PLACE going into the final round. The closest teams had 140, 135. 130.
Category is Islands.
Dylan, Mike and Brian wanted to go all in. Stacy wanted to bet 50.
I had control of the pen so I went in the middle and bet 100.
They gave you 5 islands and we had to name the state that they were in. All you needed was 4 out of 5 correct.

Well we got 4 of them correct. It was pretty easy.
Now we just had to wait to find out the results.
IN SECOND PLACE - Bullshit Corner.
Yup we took 2nd, and yes, I heard it from my grandson, Dylan. But we got a $20 coupon to come back. We had some awesome family time and We took 2nd place.
This is the one time somebody is going to remember who finished second - I'll remember. US!




No comments: