Monday, May 2, 2016

Sharen with an "E"

So the story goes that Sharen, my twin, was named first. Dad liked the name.
Mom thought that Karen would do nicely with it so hence they named me Karen.

To make Sharen look like Karen they changed the spelling to be with an "E" instead of the normal "O".
That's the story I remember - if it's not true - I don't care. That's what I remember being told.

I know for sure one thing that is true is...
She has spent her whole life saying  - Sharen with an "E" whenever she was asked how to spell her name.

So, as I am reading James Patterson's  "Private Paris" book much to my surprise I see this. I couldn't help but text her a picture. Yup, the lady detective's name in the book is Sharen with an "E".



I wonder if they wrote this book on a computer with spell check because Sharen is not recognized.

No comments: