Monday, May 23, 2016

Playing Grandma

Or maybe I should say Being Grandma.
Mary is in San Francisco for her new job orientation so I am staying in the city to help Bryan with Roger and Luke. Owen is in St. Louis with the Murpheys.

Mornings I wake up, early, 6am (that is early for me)  to giggles and naked boys running around not quite ready to get their school clothes on. I don't fight it - I just giggle along and they finally stop and put some clothes on. same goes for after baths at night. I think - yeah, this is what it's all about. This being a Grandma thing.

I read them bed time books and get snuggles. It's a squeeze, but both boys fit on my lap. They are good about taking turns too. That goes for everything they do, They truly are best buds.

They got a package in the mail from Mary and wanted to send her one so here they are coloring her a picture. Face time with her at night is huge, and they are crossing off the days on a calendar. Bryan does a awesome job. I don;t think I am needed all that much, but I am having a wonderful time with all my boys.
Coloring a picture for Mommy
Saturday was a big day.
After t-ball for Roger (who spend 90% of his time playing in the dirt in the infield with another boy) Papa came with lumber to build a sandbox.
He had all of it cut 5'X5'. All they had to do is screw in the brackets. Lay down some dirt to level the spot. Place the weed guard down and fill it. The boys have a sandbox.
The cover was made by Papa in advance too.

Luke had to have his hand on the tool to help Daddy
 Bryan and I took a run over to Menards to get 8 more bags of sand. (22 bags total) and of course some sand toys. Papa got some one on one time with the boys.
Filling it up
 Every time I would pull Rogers pants up to cover his butt crack,  he would pull them back down around his hips. "That's where I like them!"
After about 3 days of hearing that I stopped worrying about what was in the pictures.
Then we play
Bryan picked a good spot that gets shade in the afternoon.


AND after being on a waiting list for 3 and 1/2 years the city decided Saturday was the day for their new tree out front on the easement.

They boys would run from the front of the house to watch the tree going in back to the back of the house to make sure the sandbox was getting put together right.
They had to keep their eyes on both projects.

They held a tarp up to catch flying chips

 They had to grind out the old stump and man did this thing make some noise. The boys were a little disappointed they couldn't see it working. The men let them look into the hole before they put the tree in.

SOOO loud
Their new Aspen tree
Roger announced that "Watering the tree will be my job". He also said he would share the chore with Luke.

Luke needed to wash the sand from his hands and then his feet multiple times. I tried to tell him that sand will stick more on wet hands and feet (and clothes) than dry. Roger caught on right away. I think Luke just wanted to play in the water.
My feet are dirty too
Bryan grilled some burgers, hot dogs and some asparagus and we had an outdoor picnic "by the new sandbox".


Bryan Grilling dinner
This Grandma thing is pretty special.

No comments: