Thursday, December 8, 2016

I Can Do That!

When I was a little girl my Mom or older sister would take us to LeeWards Craft store, To me that place was magic. Sharen and I would wander around the store pretty sure than we could make everything there. We wanted to do it all.

If we were really lucky Mom would buy us a project. Oh, how we loved our projects. Christmas was my favorite time of year to go and ornaments was my favorite thing to do. We made them out of beads, sequins, lace and wooden ones you hand painted. I am still lucky enough to have some we made.
We didn't have Pinterest everything back then was in our imagination.

After all these years...
We still wander through Hobby Lobby or Joannes checking out stuff, only difference now is, we know that we can duplicate most everything there for cheaper.
When I saw a small Christmas tree made out of yarn I had to show Sharen. She really has enough yarn to cover a 6 foot tree, but these small ones were really cute.

She purchased 3 cones and we were off on a project.
Funny how the yarn tree turned into something else. After digging out her scrap box (everyone who sews has a scrap box) she found rope and fringed trim. She didn't have enough white beads to cover the tall tree, but I had some gold ones. I rotated the gold with the white and boom tall cone covered.
Sharen working on her cone
 It was so much fun working on a project together - throwing ideas back and forth and laughing at each other.
trees are done
She needs to add some quilt batting for some snow and dress them up a little bit more, but she has a pretty good looking start to her center piece for her dining table.

All at a cost for 3 cones at 50% off.










No comments: