Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Moved On

When Mike and I bought this house on Shady 13 years ago, I told the couple we bought it from that I would take good care of their house and make it our home.

I left a letter for the persons buying our old house telling them about the house and the memories we made there.
I don't know if they wanted to know all that stuff, but I had to tell it.
We had wanted to move for some time, but our neighbor and special friend, Tom, was getting old and  He asked me to stay. He was a sweet, gentle man, who had a daughter named Karen. She never came to see him. I once told him that I could be his Karen. We were close. 2 weeks before he died he thanked me for staying and told me that he loved me. I lived there 26 years.

Tom passed away in April 2004 and Mike and I started our search for a smaller house to retire in. We found Shady.

I used to drive by the old house, even took a few walks by it. I had to stop going. It was looking really bad and I would get very sad. I want someone to love that old house and make some memories there. I could see it wasn't happening.

When Bryan came to visit this weekend he asked me if I had been by the house. He took the kids by it to show them where he grew up. He had some great memories there too.
"No, it makes me sad."
"You need to go see it."

This morning I did. I am so happy.
Kate street is alive again.
Someone is putting some much needed love into the place. New siding. New roof. New chimney. New shutters.
The tree we planted on Bryan's first birthday is gone. Replaced by a playground set.
Looks like the house is complete and they are starting on the garage.



This makes me very happy.....

No comments: