Saturday, February 11, 2017

What was I thinking?

There are 2 reasons not to blog. One a person gets to busy (not me) and 2 you really have nothing to say.
Me - I mostly think I have nothing important to say.

When Steve was here visiting in January, I was frantically trying to get a 4 patch quilt done for a friend who was severely injured in a car accident. Her husband was the guy who rushed over here when our furnace went out and Mike was sick. He wouldn't take any money. He said "That's what friends do".  I thought what a great way to repay him. I keep his wife warm in her recovery like he did for Mike when he was recovering. So I made her a quilt. My favorite 4 patch pattern.
Michelle's Quilt

Anyway Steve says to me - AGAIN... You can make me a quilt. This time I was paying attention. Huh?  I asked myself  Why haven't I made this friend a quilt?
I don't have a answer. I screwed up.
Most quilts are not cheap. I couldn't even use that as an excuse. It wasn't about the cost with him.
 Here is a guy who is SO "quilt worthy!"
 I'm thinking - Hey Stupid - he just wants one of your 4 patch quilts to stay warm while he watches TV. Make him one!!!
If I get the material on sale I can make one of these for under $100.
He even offered to go with me to JoAnnes to get the material. Now I am really feeling guilty. He really wants one. I wouldn't let him, If I was going to make him a quilt I wanted it to be a surprise.

I did have to order some of what I wanted online (red chenille) and after 3 hours at Joanne with Sharen mixing materials (no hard ship there) I finally got what I wanted.


And because I like to make this 4 patch pattern for most of my baby quilts I made a special one for his babies. My first doggie quilt.
Sally and her quilt
Steve sent me this picture of Sally lying on the quilt.
I am so sorry Steve, it took me so long to make you a quilt. I have no excuse.

No comments: