Friday, August 11, 2017

Checking It Out

So when Linda went looking for a new home, I sent her some houses for sale in Edgewater a 55 and older community in Elgin I had no idea what the place offered.
I knew she was looking into Huntley's Del Webb and I told her she owes it to herself and Deanna to look here. They wouldn't have to change shopping habits or look for a new doctor and it was closer to family. It also was completely gated for security.
I'll be damn if she didn't find something she wanted and bought in Edgewater.
Well it's been around 7 weeks since she moved in and I was curious to see just what it offered.
Linda invited me and Sharen for a lap around the pool. OUTSIDE!
All my exercising is in the pool over at LA Fitness and I love it, but I couldn't wait to get outside.

We met up with Linda at her house - which is walking distance from the activity center - to sign some waivers to let us in.
To get into the building you have to have a key card.
Linda paid our $4 each for the privilege of using the pool. We were given visitors wrist bands.
I am loving all this security.
The place is enormous. She showed us around.  Visit area with a fireplace! Puzzle room! Library! Workout room! Exercise Room! Beautiful Locker room! Indoor Pool with a hot tub! Wowwie... I'm loving it ALL. They had a running bulletin board with events coming up. All looked like fun to me.

We store our stuff into a locker and hit the outdoor pool. A few ladies came and went, but for the most part we had it all to ourselves. The weather was perfect and the pool even better. Music playing the 70's. It was all good and we talked about doing it once a week.

me and Sharen
I did stick my toe in the hot tub, because Linda said it was VERY hot. Sorry, Linda not hot, but the jets were really strong.
When we finally left, there was a hot dog lunch going on on the patio. Co-ed volleyball in the indoor pool, card playing in the fireplace room and an exercise class. And it was only 12:30.

I told Mike when I got home that I could see us living there in the future.




No comments: