Friday, September 8, 2017

Fall is coming

How do I know this?
ACORNS!!!
The acorns are back in force.
Yes, they fall every year but once in a while they really make their presence known. Sounds like gunfire in the neighborhood.
The neighbors are raking daily. Some are using shop vacs to save on their backs.
Me I'm not going to bother with them this year. (I thought about gathering them up though when I got hit 3 times hanging clothes on the line.)
2 reasons...
1 - Mike put some new blades on my riding tractor, so I think I can cut through them pretty good.
2 - These guys. They have shown up in our backyard for about 7 days in a row now.

2 Mama's and their babies
See the gap in the fence in the backyard? That's where they enter. The neighbors fence fell down so I set it back up leaning on the post with a opening for them.

I had to clean out the 6 foot weeds that were growing in his flowers gardens too. He is battling cancer and we (me and his other neighbors) are attempting to keep his yard in some kinda shape. I hope he can see the deer out his bedroom window.

Walking around is a challenge with out twisting an ankle.
When these guys stop coming around I am gonna rake them up and pile them by the fence so they can have some food for the winter.


No comments: