Saturday, December 28, 2019

Christmas

Christmas without snow is not right.
Christmas with 55 degrees is plain wrong.
But that is what we had this year. It did mean that all the family got to our house without too much hassle. It meant that I could go outside with the Flory boys and run around. It also meant that the coats we bought for the Krib boys will have to be put away for colder weather.
We had them all over Christmas Eve for an early dinner and lots of presents.




I mentioned to Roger and Luke that it would be a huge help to me if they would scape their plates and put them into the dishwasher when they were done, so Grandma didn't have too. Everyone must have heard me cause, before I knew it all the dishes were off the table and into the dishwasher.
In hindsight, I'm thinking they probably thought it was one step closer to presents.


When our kids were little I remember Mom and Dad always having their Christmas on the Sunday before the actual day. Mom worked her tail off baking and cooking. It was always a crazy, good time. She always said we should be home with our families on Christmas day.
Someone I told that to, asked me what Mom and Dad did on that day then. I couldn't tell her. I really had no idea. I imagine they stayed home alone.


That is what Mike and I did this year. I baked a ham in the air fryer and we had a nice quiet day, just the two of us. I did take advantage of the weather and tried out my new platform step ladder from Bryan and Mary and washed my outside windows. As much as I enjoyed that (I love washing windows) I still think we should always have a White Christmas. It is my favorite Christmas movie after all.

You should never pass up a opportunity when you have all the grandkids with you to take a Grandma and Papa picture.
Owen was supposed to sit on my lap, but he was not having any of that. He was doing what he wanted and I love this picture all the more because of it.

No comments: