Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Bears v Packers

 When Sharen called and asked if Mike and I wanted to go to the bears game with them, I immediately said yes. They had Dup’s sister’s season tickets.

This was a chance for Sharen to see Justin Fields in person for the first time. Sharen is a huge Ohio State Buckeye fan and has followed him all thru college. It would also probably be Dup seeing his star quarterback, Rodgers for the last time in person.

Mike offered to drive since we go into the city often. Didn’t hurt that our reserved parking was under the stadium with quick in and quick out.

We got there when the gate for our parking had just opened. Smooth ride in. Dup had been before so he knew to grab a table right as we got off the escalator. The crowd filled up fast.

 Cocktail before the game
Our seats were on the 50 - Yes, I said 50, yard line. Pinch me moment when we sat down.
It was 38 degrees at kickoff,  but I dressed for it. The cold never got to me. Went to the restroom at half time and the mens line was longer than the woman’s. Ha 






I had such a good time. I can understand why young Bears fans do this every home game. Drinking and laughing, dancing and singing “Bear Down”. Granted the out come wasn’t what we hoped for. Didn’t expect a W. Sharen and I thought we would be the lucky charms. Nope… but we did get to see a young quarterback the year he broke records playing for the Chicago Bears.

Winning at one point

I thought when Bryan took me into a game back in 09 (I think) that I would never go to another game. Thanks to Dup and Sharen I got to see my beloved Bears live again. 

Maybe next year!!

No comments: