Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Cookies

 Not sure Christmas would be the same without my cutout cookies. I don’t eat them (strange I know), but Mike and the grandkids love them. I’ve perfected the recipe to gluten free.

Bryan and Mary brought the boys over to help decorate them.

I have always used my Mothers recipe for frosting - always. Until I was scrolling thru recipes online and ran into one that does not include shortening. Sorry Mom,  but this recipe is SO good. It’s all I use now.

We had such a great time. All 3 boys jumped in and frosted and sprinkle till they were all done.

Cookie decorating crew


Bryan just watching

Mike joins in

Soon we were all sneaking icing

The cookies got their frosting in record time. I tried really hard to bake small cookies, so we would have more to decorate. 

The boys believe that more is better, so I sent those home with them.

Bryan sent me this picture later that night. (cookies were decorated in the morning). 

I guess they liked them

Warms a grandmas heart.

No comments: