Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Best Friends Mom

My laser printer at work is making this god awful noise. I finally got fed up on Monday and called the number on the machine. Okay the Sun Times News Group is trying to save money and have a new service to encompass all the papers. Turns out I am not on the list to call for service. I received a phone call back from INDIA!!!
Yes - our IT service calls go through India. We need a Sean Phelan! He told me to log my complaint online and someone will get back to me. I did it! I get a phone call back from the same guy with the funny accent (I'm beginning to hate that sound) and he wants to know the problem. WHY COULDN'T HE ASK ME LAST TIME?
Some young kid finally shows up on Tuesday and I tell him just what is wrong. It's happen before. He orders a part.
The same kid comes back today and proceeds to put the part in. No good - same noise. I try to tell him what I think is wrong. I even pulled out my little service kit that the company bought me. He wasn't impress so I left him alone. 4 hours and many phone calls later to HIS service department. He concludes that it's because it's not plugged into it's own outlet (reduction of power). It's plugged into a strip plugged into a strip plugged into a strip... This machine had been in the same spot plugged in the same way it is now for 10 years, but whatever. I track down a extension cord run it through the office to it's own outlet. Still no good!!!!!
Now he's starts laughing and he confesses that I remind him of his best friends Mom and it was freaking him out. He calls his buddy and I talk with him turns out I sound like her too. The copy machine is still not fixed and the kid will be back tomorrow with yet another part. Maybe he'll bring his friend along and we can do lunch.

No comments: