Thursday, January 24, 2008

YFAK

Your Favorite Aunt Karen - That is what I have been referring myself to to Andy ever since I can remember. Of course I am his ONLY Aunt Karen.

I few years back Andy called me and said he is bringing some friends out to go bowling and would I like to join him. Mike was away teaching at some seminar and so I said Yes. They go to Olive Garden for dinner and were running too late to go bowling so we just ended up back at our house. That is when I first met Michelle. He had brought Lauren and Michelle over.
He called me the next day to ask "What I thought of her". I joking asked which one? I knew he meant Michelle (DUH - he was smitten). I said I liked her and she doesn't have an Aunt Karen. (a Mary but no Karen). YES!!! I'm still YFAK. I'm not sure if Michelle even knew that I was questioning her about her family - she must of thought -Who IS this noisy person?
Last year at this time we were planning a weekend in sunny Florida to attend My Favorite Nephew Andy's wedding to this lovely lady Michelle.
Happy anniversary Guys!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks!

Mich said...

I think we had a few too many glasses of wine at Olive Garden and were late - I totally remember meeting you though. how funny. I wish we were all in FL this week - it is COLD here!