Monday, January 14, 2008

Jigsaw Junkie

I love jigsaw puzzles. Maybe because I grew up helping Mom fix them. She always had one out up until her eye site started to fade. The bigger the challenge the better I like it. Sharen and I would even turn them over to fix with no picture just for a change of pace. Our record on a 500 puzzle is 22 minutes.
Last spring Sharen's old boss's father in law died and he was complaining about the "fire trap" he had left in his attic. Turns out this guy had 400 puzzles stored up there. Sharen asked what he was going to do with them and he invited us over to "take what we wanted". OH MY GOD!!! We ended up making two trips - we both ended up with about 30 to 35 puzzles. Round ones, Very old ones (1956 was the oldest we found) foam ones, wood ones, 1/4 inch thick ones, and every different picture we could find. I had a puzzle set out in the living room most of the summer.

I saved the most interesting ones for now because I knew the month of January is long and cold. Well I got out the "World's Most Difficult Puzzle" on Saturday. It had the same picture on front and back with the back rotated 90 degrees. Fun times!!!! It wasn't as hard as expected finished that night.
We have a puzzle set up in our lunch room at work and most of my puzzles I share with my co-workers. They like the easy ones so I was told NOT to bring that one to work!



Mike bought me this one for Christmas this year. It was 1500 pieces. The picture was easy but the shape of each piece made it interesting.

So if anyone has any old puzzles that they want to get rid of send them my way....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have crazy skill at puzzles!

Mich said...

My mom has a closet full of Springbok's and my aunt and grandma will stay up all hours of the nights trying to finish one up - it must be a disease!