Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A+ Blood Donor

I'm a blood donor! I enjoy giving blood. I feel very strong about it.
I have been giving blood ever since my niece Angie needed her first liver transplant and needed blood. That is the same reason I have donor plates on my car. (The state of Illinois paid for her transplants and now I am helping give someone else the chance). Okay being that they are Walter Payton plates helped too. :)

I don't have the best veins for this sorta things and the last few times my girl Charlotte hasn't been there and they did not get my blood and butchered my arms. VERY OUCH!!
They call and are looking for my type A+. They are also giving out coupons for free ice cream at Oberweis. I made sure Charlotte was working and made an appointment. They got my blood and I got a coupon for a quart of ice cream.
I usually don't eat ice cream. I hit Oberweis on my way home and really wanted the chocolate peanut butter which has 280 calories for 1/2 cup. I thought about getting Vanilla for Mike, but settled for the low fat Chocolate Marshmallow 110 calories a cup. I'm pretty sure that it will last me for a couple weeks.

No comments: