Thursday, July 10, 2008

DeJa Vu

Mike is headed off to one of his softball weekends so He calls me and wants to know if I want to have lunch. Sure - Lets go to Al's and we can eat outside. That way I can walk there and get some steps in.
12:15 - I leave work and cut through the town homes next to the Courier. I walk in front of the townhouse where we started the "Amazing Race" and my right knee started to hurt and it felt like I was getting a blister. I got to festival park where we solved a word puzzle and I found I couldn't catch my breath. Help me!
I told myself You are only going to lunch at Al's, nothing more. I made it to Al's and there were people eating malts - granted not as fast as Jon did that day, but malts just the same. I started looking around for another clue and started sweating. Just then Mike walked up and we had a pleasant lunch. No malts though!

To err on the side of caution I decided on the walk back to head on up the hill pass the old "Yankee Doodle" and the "Prince Castle" and remind myself of pleasant memories of skipping class and square ice cream cones.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Oh my gosh I loved Prince Castle! We used to get some kind of purple sherbet -- square scoops, of course. Thanks for the memory! (And thanks for your great blog. I am especially enjoying it while everyone is in NC!)

-Bryan/Andy/Michelle's friend Sue