Saturday, July 5, 2008

Taste of Chicago

Bryan calls and wants to know what we are doing on the 4th. We had no plans so we decide to meet up with him and Mary and head on down to the taste. Mike has been wanting to go for a few years now, so what the heck.


It was exactly what you would expect. Crowds and more crowds. The weather was perfect though. The traffic getting in and out was almost non-existent. Sweet!

The food was really good. I liked the fact that you got smaller portions, so you can try more things. I had Vegetable tempera, Pad Thai, Shining noodles and a Bao (kung Pao chicken flavor) I will definitely have to try those again.
All was good!!! 1 mojito and 1 beer and I am DONE!!! I lost track of all that Mike tried - Ribs, Corn on the cob, Buffalo wings, & cheesecake were on the list though.



Last time we went (a few years back) I ran into someone that I knew. I mentioned to Mike that I'll probably see someone I know. I thought I saw my boss, but no - Looked alot like him though.

I did enjoy the street music. and performers. Those poor people in those tubes.

No comments: