Sunday, October 12, 2008

Injun Summer

Saturday Bryan & Mary came out to the burbs to visit a pumpkin farm and do the corn maze. I asked them if they wanted to go on a hayride with me & Mike. At Donley's Wild West they were having "Injun Summer" hayrides.
If you have dinner at the steakhouse you get a discount on the ride. So we decided to have dinner there too. I heard that they have great steaks. Bryan had Prime Rib, Mary had fried shrimp and Mike had the rib eye. I really don't care too much for beef, but they talked me into ordering the pot roast. "Sorry - we are all out!" I got my old standard - chicken wrap. After dinner we head out back to wait for the hayride. We had red tickets for the 7:30 ride. Mike and Mary passed the time roasting marshmallows.
The weather was perfect "God's spotlight" (aka.moon) was shining down. The hay wagon was pulled by an old tractor. It took you back in the cornfields and they stopped and reenacted the story of "Injun Summer" while someone read it over a loud speaker. Way Cool!

After the ride Mary talked Bryan into posing for a picture here.

Can I just say that I like the Bryan that hangs around with Mary!

So after the ride we decide to take a little detour home and swing by Stacy's and Kory's house. Bryan and Mary hadn't seen the new house yet.

They did run into an old friend from Grace though. He wanted to let all the people back in the city to know that he is doing good and had found a new home in Kory's "man garage". He gets paid alot of attention and is enjoying his new lease on life.

1 comment:

mary margaret said...

Saturday was so much fun, and that cutout picture is great!