Friday, October 17, 2008

Vacation List

Mike and I are headed to sunny and hot AZ tomorrow for 10 days of family, friends and fun(softball). I made my "to do before vacation" list.
Friday morning while clothes are in the wash and the dishwasher is running I head out to pick up the sticks so I can mow the lawn.
There are frickin leaves everywhere. Thoughts of being little and raking the oak leaves in our backyard with Dad slow me down. Sharen and I would take our I spy magnifying glasses - the kind you get in cereal boxes - and lay in the dry leaves and burn holes in them. No time for that today I had things I needed to do.
I get distracted again when I realize that most of these leaves will be down by the time we get back, so I grab my camera (no surprise there) and head on out to the back acreage behind us. The burned house has been bulldozed so it's wide open space.








I'm acually gonna miss the colored leaves. Arizona is soooo brown. Catch me later!

1 comment:

LaurenK said...

You've been tagged!!!

http://iheartindiana.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-got-tagged.html