Sunday, September 28, 2008

Holy Smokes

Mike and I went over to the Moose in Elgin for a ceremony for Byron, Kory's Dad. He was getting the highest degree for a Moose, a Pilgrim. We left there about 9:00 pm and was headed home when both the Police and Fire made us pull over on Hopps.
"Lets follow them."
"What for?"
"To see if Dad's working" Okay, my Dad has been gone for a long time, but when we were kids we always used to ride our bikes as far as we could whenever we heard the sirens to see if we could see Dad.
We head down our street and see all the flashing light in front of our house. Holy Smokes - My heart stops for just a second and then I realize that they are just turning around. They had the wrong street.
The house behind us is on fire. I call Sharen right away and let her know what is going on and grab the camera.


I ran around and snapped a bunch of pictures. Here are last night and this morning pictures.
The house has been empty since we moved here 4 years ago, so no harm done. It was pretty exciting to watch the men and boys that Sharen works with in action.

No comments: