Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Baby Quilts

I have a reason to get back into quilting! We have 2 babies joining our family.
Sharen and I head down to Joannes.
Now do I want to do the same old pattern? Big fat NO. I want to experiment.
The first stop was the quilt books. I looked online, but I thought I should look here too. Sharen found a cute book with just baby quilts.
Next stop fabrics. I was just concentrating on baby boy Zierk for now.
Questions that needed answers: Good thing I had Sharen there with me, she had an idea what Carrie would like - we changed our fabric four times.
Do I go with blue for a boy?
Do I get "baby" material or something to grow with (cars, sports, etc)?
Do I try and match the baby's room blue & chocolate or wing it?
Do I want to go flannel or cotton?
Do I get more material and make it bigger or crib size?
I want it to be a surprise so I'm not going to answer these questions in case the mother or father is reading this, but I think we did good.
2 hours later we leave. I have my material and am looking forward to sewing another keepsake!

No comments: